Information for athletes and team - Opening Ceremony EMACS 2017
All EMACS 2017 competitors, officials and supporters are invited to attend the official Opening Ceremony.
The ceremony takes place on the open air stage in Tivoli Friheden Thursday July 27 from 19.00-20.00.
All teams are furthermore invited to join the marching of the nations. Assembly for the parade will take place in front of Marselisborghallen (a few minutes’ walk from Ceres Park) no later than 18:30. Please make sure to be there on time. All teams will be asked to appoint two representatives - a flag bearer and a representative to carry the sign with the name of the country. Each country will be placed in alphabetic order with Denmark being the final team to march in along Stadion Allé and through Tivoli Friheden. The parade will commence at 18.45, where Den Jysk Pigegarde (Jutland’s Women’s Music Guard) will lead the teams to the open air stage.
In order to participate in the parade and to enter Tivoli Friheden for free, all participants must bring their accreditation cards. It is furthermore mandatory to wear clothes in national colours.
- 18.30-18.45 Assembly for the team parade in front of Marselisborghallen
- 18.45-19.10 Parade to Tivoli Friheden and presentation of each country as they arrive
- 19.10-19.15 Welcome
- 19.15-19.20 Speech by Mayor of Sport, Culture and Citizen Services in Aarhus, Rabih Azah-Ahmed
- 19.20-19.35 Gymnastic show with Turbodrengene
- 19.35-19.40 Speech by LOC chairman and chairman of Aarhus 1900 A/M, Henning Andersen
- 19.40-19:55 Musical entertainment
- 19:55-20:00 Speech by EMA President Kurt Kaschke and EMA oath
If any questions occur, please contact
Sabine Devantier Christensen or Katharina Grosen Andersen
telephone: +45 5020 4860